Monday, February 7, 2011

Some thoughts of this years adventures

Every year I find it a useful exercise to list out the things I would like to either begin to pursue or accomplish and some of those goals include some of the adventures I would like to partake in. So here they are:

1) For years I have wanted to do the entire Columbia Plateau Trail from Cheney to the Tri-Cities. I have walked from Fish Lake all the way out to Lamont, not all at once but over the course of about four Saturdays. Now I am planning on doing the rest on my Mountain Bike. 

2) An adventure I haven't done since I was a child is bike camp in the San Juan Island. My parents used to take us to Lopez Island, the camp ground was on the other side of the very steep hill just off the ferry. Well the hill was very steep to a 10 year old on a one speed bike.

3) Every since I drove the North Cascades Highway I have wanted to boat camp in the Lake above Diablo Dam. The lake stretches into Canada, though I think the entry point is also in Canada.

4) Speaking of boating, Lake Roosevelt is also on my list of place to put my Kayak in for a nice day trip, maybe somewhere around Steamboat Rock.

5) I am still working out with Statler and Waldorf where we are going to go for our climbing expeditions. But I am sure there will be plenty of misadventure to follow with those two. As a side note, Statler and Waldorf whom I have mentioned before are the names I have selected for my friends in order to keep their real names protected. Statler and Waldorf are the two grumpy old men in the balcony of the Muppet Show who always have such witty repartee.

I am sure this list will grow but for now it is a start and it may not get accomplished this summer or even the next but it does give a direction to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment